Infrastructure, transport, energy, mining and development
Constructive Edge has a particular focus on how to motivate and lead corporations to leverage their Socio-Economic Advantage to deliver better projects in the countries in which they seek to work. To us this means pushing them to deliver greater positive outcomes for more stakeholders, bringing economic benefits to the communities in which they operate and, indirectly, to the government customers with whom they contract. At the same time they can measure these outcomes against their own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) targets and shareholder expectations.
We assist clients with:
- Development of a strategy to target the socio-economic needs of a jurisdiction
- Creatiing Sustainability proposals
- Community Benefits Agreement advisory and development
- Development of a marcom strategy to highlight hot button issues within a jurisdiction
- Research and identification of local supply chain opportunities
- Project proposal development and writing
- Negotiation, documentation and compliance
- Industrial cooperation project development and fulfillment
- Post contract administration
- Advisory services and consultancy
The partners of Constructive Edge have worked over the past 30 years on large public sector procurements in numerous countries including major ones such as Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Finland, Netherlands, SE Asia and India. In each of these cases governments sought outcomes from the expenditure of public dollars that may not normally have been linked to the procurement or realised without specific effort or mandated requirements.
Our skill sets allow us to go into a country and identify and structure socio-economic projects in ways which will leverage the procurement budget to benefit the “buyer” economy and its constituents. We can pro-actively create an environment which encourages targeted and incremental commercial investment and commitment in ways which are WTO compliant. We have the personnel and skills which enable us to advise specifically on the area of economic industrial cooperation, bid and project evaluation and structuring, risk assessment, and regulatory frameworks.
- Identifying the most effective tools to leverage effective socio-economic outcomes from government procurement programs. We are familiar with a broad array of choices other governments have made and know what is effective and what is not.
- Ensuring the socio-economic development framework ultimately put in place is not subject to rebuke by other jurisdictions, WTO, etc. All companies bidding must see they are on the same level playing field and have the same opportunities.
- Identifying and adapting to your circumstances, the global best practices in this field.
- Developing a framework for effective monitoring, evaluating and communicating outcomes.
- Identifying strategic industry sectors, critical leading edge technologies and related “best of breed” companies that should be attracted to and would be willing to participate as full partners in economic development.
- Bid evaluation tools, value-adding creativity, innovation, regional considerations and procurement considerations including supply chain choices
- Develop both training and education for government employees and private sector in-country. This can be our own proprietary programs on the development and management of socio economic advancement techniques and/or custom offerings from our partner Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business Executive Education. Georgetown can access internal economics, diplomacy, business finance, strategy and SME focussed programs and also utilize numerous US Government resources located in Washington, DC. Many additional program areas are available for delivery in-country or on the Georgetown University Campus in Washington, DC.