Constructive Edge can assist clients to significantly minimise and eradicate risks with careful planning and professional management.
Most organisations recognise the risk associated with industrial cooperation, economic particpation and offset programs (generically "Industry Programs") obligations as the non-performance guarantee required by most governments to stimulate performance. However, while the potential financial cost of the performance guarantee is critical to the profit margin, it should be recognised it is the cost, and not the risk.
Management perceive the risk of non-performance as:
- Insufficient Planning & Strategy
- Slow to react to developing a strategy
- Poor negotiation of the Industry Program agreement terms and conditions
- Experience of the Industry Program manager(s)
- Political and economic stability of the customer
- Professionalism and responsiveness of the Industry Program authority
- Knowledge and capability of Industry Program manager(s) to implement commercial non-core projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively and transparently model value of technology and I.P. transfer
- Proper due diligence of local partners under FCPA and UK Anti-Bribery Act
- Cost/Risk analysis of outsourcing vs. in-house staffing ramp up
- Ability to work constructively with different cultures
- Potential for future business opportunities in the market creating further offset potential
These are risks that can result in non-performance and a financial penalty as well as being blacklisted from participating in future bids.
Constructive Edge has experience working in these fields, and experience with assisting companies to address each of the above, to ensure that management are comfortable that such intangible risks have been mitigated.