Strategy and Planning
Increasingly, industrial cooperation, economic participation and offset programs (generically "Industry Programs") are playing an important role in the business development plans of global companies. Industry Programs can be a critical tool for business capture managers when marketing their products to foreign governments under a competitive bid.
Constructive Edge recognises that over the past 10 years Industry Programs have become recognised by both industry and governments as a key differentiator in the bidding process. Companies that plan well and include well researched and structured Industry Programs in their commercial offers as a pre-emptive action will improve their chances of winning a bid. A clear strategy that embraces Industry Programs can be a decisive moment on the path to success.
Constructive Edge can prepare detailed proposals for our clients as they begin investigating cooperations with local companies and organisations that could be included in the sale offer to the government customer.
We can work either as part of your business development team to expand its capabilities and introduce new perspectives on leveraging existing commercial relationships and in-house capability, or we can complement your offer through the provision of tailor-made project opportunities with local partners.
- Simplification and focus points of an Industry Program policy
- Analysis of political and economic risk in relation to Industry Program implementation
- Develop a list of strategic local partners that are politically and economically strategic to the government
- Guidance and assistance with the development of an Industry Program proposal for submission in the bid package
- Guidance on the management of the Industry Program including staffing requirements and in country support
- Generation of compliant document templates for periodic reporting to the customer
The key benefits for clients are:
- Compete more effectively for government contracts
- Develop business contacts with overseas markets
- Build customer relationships in target countries
- Mitigate risk of non-performance penalties
- Repatriate funds allocated for Industry Programs implementation
- Retain market share against competitors
- Secure low-cost sources for products
It is never too late to begin planning. If you find yourself already with an Industry Program commitment, Constructive Edge is able to assist you to quickly recognise the capabilities and limitations of your own organisation, and then work closely to develop external opportunities. We do so either through introductions to third parties with existing and applicable commercial activities, or we can provide you with in-house projects that have already been developed for this purpose.